Ever thought you’d like to homeshool, but, you can’t because you work? I’ve heard it time and time again. “We can’t afford for me to give up my job and stay home to homeschool.” Or, some sort of version of the statement. But, I think that we do what we truly want to do. If we don’t want to homeschool, we will not. If we want to talk ourselves out of what we think might be best, we will. If we want to homeschool, we find a way.
I get it. Not everyone wants to homeschool. Honestly, it isn’t for everyone. But. But, you can if you decide to. You can homeschool AND work. I know a lot of people who do.
Some work from home taking on jobs where they can be with their kids through the day and also dedicate time to work from home. Others, take part-time jobs outside the home and work around their homeschooling hours. Still others, work full-time jobs, both mom and dad, and make homeschooling work because they’ve decided to do so.
5 Legitimate Options Work at Home While You Homeschool
- Professional Blogging, sales ads, product reviews and affiliate sales.
- Personal Sales (crafts, art, sewing, etc.) on websites such as Etsy.
- Independent Distribution; Avon, Mary Kay, Young Living, etc.
- Virtual Assistant, working for a cooperation, large bloggers, or networks managing a variety of online tasks, such as, social media management, email management, processing online orders.
- Customer Service Rep, answering calls and acting as a customer service representative on behalf of a cooperation.
Best Articles for Work and Homeschool
I don’t just want to say you can do this. I want to introduce you to others who are homeschooling and also working to provide income for their families. Take a look at these blogs of moms who are working, they are sharing realities, tips and encouragement for working homeschooling moms and dads.
- 3 Tips for Working from Home while Homeschooling – Christian Homeschooling Moms
- A Day in the Life of a Work at Home, Homeschooling Mom – Finding Joy in The Journey
- An Open Letter to a Tired, Work-at-Home, Homeschooling Mom – The Multi-taskin Mom
- I Can’t Homeschool Because I’m a Work at Home Mom – Jimmie’s Collage
- Five Mistakes that Will Derail Your Dream of Working From Home as a Homeschool Mom – Jimmie’s Collage
- Homeschooling and Working at Home, Can You Balance it All? – Finding Joy in The Journey
- Homeschooling and Working Outside the Home – The Kennedy Adventures
- Homeschooling When Both Parents Work – Bright Ideas Press Blog
- How I Homeschool and Work at Home – Christin Slade
- How I Homeschool and Work from Home – Modern Homeschool Family
- How I Juggle Homeschool and Working Outside the Home – Sam’s Noggin
- How I Juggle Homeschooling, Housework and Working as a Single Mom – The Heart of Michelle
- How One Mom Juggles Homeschooling and Working from Home – B Inspired Mama
- I Can’t Homeschool Because I Work Outside the Home -Finding Joy in The Journey
- Survival List for Work-at-Home Homeschooling Moms – Sallie Borrink
- Struggles of a Working Homeschool Mom – Hip Homeschool Moms
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling for Working Moms – Unschool Rules
It may not seem like it, but I too work and homeschool. I consider myself a part-time professional blogger. That means I earn a small income from the work I do blogging. My goal is to earn enough to pay for blogging expenses, and provide income to purchase our homeschooling supplies. I do this through a variety of income streams including, affiliate sales, virtual assistant work, and product reviews.
Still think you can’t homeschool and earn a living? Or, are you one of many homeschooling moms, and dads, who are providing both income and education to your children. You can work and homeschool, and be successful at both. Tell me your story in comments below. I’d love to hear from you.