What’s Cooking? A Crockpot Meal
When it’s cold outside, I like to fire up the crock pot for an easy, warm and comforting meal. What can be more comforting that creamy pasta with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. Serve with a side of delicious crusty bread and you have a full meal. Below you will find affiliate ad links to some of my favorite kitchen products, including this digital crockpot from Hamilton Beach.
- 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Jar Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 package Penne Pasta, uncooked *
- 1/2 Cup sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 Cups fresh spinach leaves, trimmed
- Chicken Breast, salt & peppered, cooked, sliced.
- In the bowl of the crockpot, stir together chicken stock, alfredo sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Add pasta.
- Cook for about 45-1 hour on high setting until pasta is tender. Stir in cooked chicken and fresh spinach, lower heat to warm allow to simmer in crockpot for apx. 2 1/2 hours for flavors to blend together.
- *Note: I cook pasta in the crockpot. The key is to make sure you have plenty of liquid as the pasta will absorb the liquid while it cooks. Without enough liquid the pasta will not soften properly. In this recipe, the chicken stock serves to thin the alfredo sauce and cook the pasta. Add additional liquid if pasta isn’t completely covered by the sauce.
What are your favorite winter time crockpot meals?
Join my friends at the iHomeschool Network as we share even more great Crockpot Meal posts.
My Favorite Kitchen Gadgets from my affiliate Amazon.com.