Biblical Board Game Enhances Bible Lessons
Watch this video from the game designer or read here to learn how the game is played.
As you progress from king to king, you soon see just how evil the kings of Israel were. You find that the harder you work, the more it feels as if the cards are stacked against you, so to speak. But, that’s exactly how sin spreads.
Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?1 Corinthians 5:6.
- In playing this game your entire family will begin to understand the pitfall of worshiping idols and the important lesson that sin spreads. It contaminates ourselves and those around us as well. Using this as an object lesson you can begin to teach your children the importance of letting the love of God show in our hearts, protecting our own hearts from sin and preventing others from distracting us with anything that isn’t pleasing to God.
- The game is set, mostly, during the period after the kingdom of Israel was divided into 2 separate nations, after the reign of Solomon, although it begins with the reign of Saul, you quickly progress into the northern Kingdom of Israel. Therefore, you are playing Kings of Israel, not the kings of Judah (the southern kingdom after the division). So you learn quickly, through repetition the names of the kings of Israel, and whether they were considered good or evil. Be sure to do your own scriptural study to understand why each are considered to be either good or evil.
- In playing the game, your family will become more familiar with the Biblical locations of the cities of Israel on the map and get a feel for the neighboring countries as well.
- Your family will quickly learn to work as a cooperative team and understand the benefit of being joined together with others in the struggle against sin.
- You can utilize this game as a springboard for digging into a study of the Kings of Israel, the prophets who served the Lord in an attempt to teach them repentance and the relationship God has with man kind.
- For additional use, you can use this Biblical board game in conjunction with Ancient History studies of Judah, Philistia, Moab, Ammon, Aram, and Pheonicia. Because Isra was a neighboring nation to each and there was a lot of interaction between them.
I am really impressed with this game. My husband, son and I all love a good challenge and this game is challenging! This is one of those games that you might find frustrating but in a way which makes you want to work harder to reach your goal, to win. In this case, to eliminate idol worship from the nation.
You can see how well designed the game is. The quality of the product is top-notch. The graphics are vibrant and appealing to the eye. The quality can be felt in the of the cards and pieces in your hand with glossy images on quality card stock. The entire game was well thought out. The rules are simple to follow once you get a handle on how the game is played. The strategy and reasoning needed to accomplish the goal requires considerable cooperation thus making for a challenging yet fun time.
I was fascinated to see how quickly Jonathan picked up on the process of thinking ahead and searching out the simplest path, making decisive moves and working with his dad and I to work toward our goal. He got it. Right away I could see him reasoning through decisions and even offering excellent suggestions to Michael and myself.
The only thing I would change is that I would assign each of the prophet cards the name of a specific Biblical prophet. Each prophet card comes with a different ability which aids in the function of the players. Since no prophet name is assigned we each select a favorite Biblical prophet and call our selves by that name, just for a bit more fun.
What You Need to Know about this Bible Board Game
If your children and family are students of Bible learning then this is a fun board game that you will want to have at home. It’s not only fun to play with family but would make for a great day of fun playing with friends, youth groups, or a Bible class at church. And, it will also serve as an educational enhancement tool to deeper Bible knowledge. But even if you aren’t someone who studies the Bible from a Hebrew or Christian worldview it can be used to aid in historical studies of the era as well.
- Kings of Israel board game is available from Funhill Games on Amazon for $49.99
- Now through 4/16/15 you can get 20% off using this discount code: KINGSPRO when purchasing from Amazon. Just add the code during check out in the Promotional Code section.
- You can order directly from the Funhill Games website but the discount code doesn’t apply there.
- Funhill Games is giving away 5 copies of this fantastic Biblical board game, to enter the giveaway, simply follow the instructions in this widget.
Educational Study Coordinated with the Biblical Board Game
Be sure to visit Funhill Games for Bible Studies written to coordinate with this Biblical board game, Kings of Israel. If you truly want to dig in and learn while playing these lessons will aid you in educational study of the Bible or as an historical study of the era. They have lessons covering the Kings, Locations and Prophets during the times of the Kings of Israel.
You can follow Fun Hill Games on Twitter and Facebook. Stop in and visit them on their Social Networks and tell them you found them here at Great Peace Academy, tag me too so I can join you in conversation and If you tweet be sure to use my handle @.