My First Homeschool Speaking Engagement
Because my family and I enjoy LEGO®
I really enjoyed doing research for this seminar and was fascinated by all that I discovered so I am happy to share with all of my readers these great websites and the materials which can be found at each of them. Many of them are free.
Resources for Learning with LEGO® Materials, Ideas and Downloads
- LEGO® Education. This site offers curriculum designed specifically for use in classroom settings. They have lessons for every age group from preschool through high school and cover nearly every learning subject from math, science, social studies and language arts. Additionally there are free downloads for lessons, images.
- LEGO® Digital Designer: Free Download from LEGO Brand Retail website.
- LEGO® Network: New Social Media Networking site for kids, allowing them to create their own webpage.
- MIT Edgerton Center: Teacher Resources using LEGO elements to teach Atoms & Molecules, and DNA Learning.
- Currclick LEGO® Club, Free Lego club for homeschoolers, watch LIVE of the recorded version.
- Marshall University: Has a LEGO LAB where they work in conjunction with the local elementary schools to inspire creative learning. Lesson plans available at.
- Chrome LEGO® apps
- iTunes: LEGO® Games
- Lesson Planet.com (paid site) Alegebra lessons using LEGO® Bricks.
- PicMonkey.com Free Photo Editing Site.
- Homeschool Share Free Resources for Unit Studies, Lapbooks and Lapbook Templates
- Homegrown Learners Mary at Homegrown Learners has created a wide variety of LEGO® materials, a 10 week co-op lesson plan, create your own mini-fig pages, story prompts and more.
- Milk & Cookies Blog Amy from Milk & Cookies Blog shares some wonderful ideas for incorporating LEGo into many of your homeschool subjects.
- Walking by the Way Ami from Walking by the Way has a good variety of LEGO® Learning resources, for both preschool and elementary.
- Pinterest Pin Board: See my Pinterest Pin Board for even more ideas.
BIG thanks goes to LEGO® Education for donating giveaways to share with families at the event. I know each family was thrilled with their Build to Express workshop kits and magazines. 5 children were joyful to receive their LEGO® Posters, and the BIG winner of the LEGO® Education Build to Express Kit was very excited. Another BIG thank you goes to BlokHedz a local retailer for their donation of Brick Forge materials for the kids.